As a Building Control Inspector you will be required to work closely with builders and developers, providing site inspections and technical building and construction expertise in accordance with Building Regulations.
Building Control Inspectors are responsible for providing excellent customer service and building an immediate good working relationship with developers from the beginning of the build process, providing continuous support through to completion stage.
This role is home based and requires travel, so an attractive car allowance is provided. For roles located within London regions, candidates must be within 40 minutes commutable distance.
- Inspecting buildings being constructed and / or converted, working closely with Developers and Builders to ensure the works are in accordance with Building Regulations.
- Effectively self-manage, by forward-planning own workload, to provide a responsive, helpful and professional service whilst maximising time spent on site.
- Recording inspection details on the data base and communicating comments to customers.
- Ongoing liaison with Surveyors and Management on technical matters – to ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to.
- Ongoing liaison with Developers / Clients / Builders, offering technical advice and guidance.
Experience / Skills
- Part / Full member of professional organisations: MRICS / MCABE or similar in the appropriate discipline of Building Control.
- 5 years relevant BC experience, plan check and site inspections and relevant warranty, quality or defect resolution experience.
- Appropriate knowledge and understanding of the Building Regulations, associated legislation and construction standards.
- Basic understanding of latent defect risk management and the methods for mitigating claims.
- Basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable.
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
Private Medical Insurance
Annual Salary Reviews
Group Personal Pension Plan
Referral Scheme (Recruitment)
Ten Year Service Award Scheme
- In-House Training
- Bonus Scheme
- Mobile Phone
- Fuel Allowance
- Progression Opportunities
Life at MDIS
"Throughout my time here, I have been supported to develop my knowledge and gain my professional qualification with the Chartered Association of Building Engineers. I have found the company has a friendly supportive atmosphere with a training program, which can adapt to fit an individual’s needs."
Why the MDIS Group is a great place to work
Working for the MDIS Group does not just offer a rewarding career, there are some excellent benefits both on the job and extending to outside of your working life…