As Major Projects Surveyor you will be required to provide technical building and construction expertise in undertaking site inspections to assess and manage the risk associated with high rise and complex construction projects.
- Primarily inspecting projects deemed as ‘Major Projects’ , typically High Value Schemes, Special Acceptance and 6+ storey projects (and occasionally other complex schemes) to ensure as far as is reasonably possible the works are in accordance with the Technical Manual and to mitigate the opportunity for claims against our policies.
- Assist the management team in ensuring adequate and appropriate levels of inspection are undertaken, providing reporting information and customer concerns/issues.
- Working in conjunction with the Major Projects design review team to achieve above and assisting the need to utilise internal and external specialists to assess some specific risks.
- Effectively self manage, by forward planning own workload, to provide a responsive, helpful and professional service whilst maximising time spent on site.
- Recording inspection details on the data base and communicating comments to customers.
- Ongoing liaison with developers/clients – offer technical advice and guidance.
- Provide feedback to the management team on technical areas so that team members are fully informed when dealing with potential clients.
Experience & Qualifications
- Full member of or the final stages of gaining full membership of MRICS / MCIOB / MCABE / MICWCI or similar.
- Experience, ideally site inspections in warranty and / or building control major projects. Extensive experience of differing construction methods, as well as experience of defect resolution. The candidate must have experience and understanding of high risk areas of construction, such as flat roofs, basements, cladding systems, etc.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the Building Regulations, and construction standards.
- Requires a good understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable.
- A demonstrable understanding of latent defect risk management and the methods for mitigating claims.
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects.
- Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to create not only good working relationships with other construction professionals but to be able to deal effectively with members of the public.
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
- Demonstrable ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to motivate self and influence others.
- Excellent Customer Services skills and experience of Relationship Management.
- Flexible in personal approach.
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook (email), MS Word, MS Excel).
- Full Driving Licence for use in the UK.
Private Medical Insurance
Annual Salary Reviews
Group Personal Pension Plan
Referral Scheme (Recruitment)
Ten Year Service Award Scheme
- In-House Training
- Bonus Scheme
- Mobile Phone
- Fuel Allowance
- Progression Opportunities
Why the MDIS Group is a great place to work
Working for the MDIS Group does not just offer a rewarding career, there are some excellent benefits both on the job and extending to outside of your working life…