We’re looking for talented developers to join an enthusiastic and talented team to expand our technology horizon. You’ll have top-notch skills in technologies such as TypeScript, .Net Core, Angular, Aurelia, Azure and Xamarin to help evolve our new systems and deliver greenfield projects.
We’re not content to stay still, we’re looking for people with experience of technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Azure and microservices to power us forward. The development team are passionate about using the latest skills and we work in an open environment where all new ideas are considered.
You will be used to working as part of a team in a fast paced, Agile environment on multiple projects and will be comfortable working with CI/CD systems to deliver top-quality software. As a senior developer, you’ll be leading a small team and will be capable of inspiring your colleagues through your passion for development.
The last two years has seen the development team design and implement a world-class system to run the company’s operations. Alongside this, we have also managed to deliver a brand-new client extranet as well as a risk management inspection portal and a handheld inspection system for our UK-wide surveyor network. We don’t intend stopping there and have expansions planned to the new systems as well as the development of new projects to help push the business forward.
Lead a small team of developers in the construction and maintenance of high quality & reliable software systems to support and develop the business. Contribute to the technical development of other less senior developers and helping in the improvement of the software development lifecycle within MDIS.
Working within a project delivery team to help to develop ideas and come up with solutions for business change. Articulating ideas through technical and functional designs and delivering high quality, secure code that follows team guidelines and ensuring good test coverage.
Supporting the QA team to help diagnose bugs and problems, devise fixes and contribute to test automation.
Be prepared to offer out of hours support within reasonable expectation to support release processes and emergencies. Assisting and mentoring less senior members of the team with their work and personal development, reviewing their work and suggesting improvements.
Demonstrate a strong will to learn, discover new technologies and bring these ideas to the rest of the team. Offer ways to continually improve how we work. Continually develop soft skills.
Experience & Qualifications
- The ability to demonstrate previous successful projects in a fast-paced environment with changing requirements.
- Ability to lead, manage and inspire a team of developers of different levels of ability to deliver high quality code.
- Experience of CI & CD tools such as TeamCity & Octopus.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft technology stack, including:
- C#, .Net Core, ASP.Net MVC, Web API
- MS SQL Server & Entity Framework.
- Message bus technologies such as MSMQ / Rabbit MQ.
- Contemporary development techniques such as TDD, Agile & Waterfall.
- Experience of other modern development tools such as Git, Visual Studio, VS Code & Jira.
- Knowledge of Xamarin tools for mobile / cross platform applications.
- Working knowledge of Azure and cloud technology.
- Previous experience of insurance environments.
- Previous work within document management & accounting systems.
Private Medical Insurance
Annual Salary Reviews
Group Personal Pension Plan
Referral Scheme (Recruitment)
Ten Year Service Award Scheme
- In-House Training
- Free Hot Drinks
- Weekly Yoga Classes
- Bonus Scheme
- Progression Opportunities
Why the MDIS Group is a great place to work
Working for the MDIS Group does not just offer a rewarding career, there are some excellent benefits both on the job and extending to outside of your working life…