As a Structural Engineer you will be required to provide specialist engineering support to determine that designs submitted by Clients meet our criteria. To perform periodic reviews of construction in progress to ensure compliance with best practice.
- To undertake assessments of Structural designs for a wide range of building types, including high rise. This will include reviews from philosophy to detailed calculations
- Ongoing liaison with Project Managers/Co-ordinators and surveyors on technical matters – must ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to.
- To complete site inspections on complex schemes to determine compliance with the agreed design, particularly high rise frames.
- To provide technical advice on claims as well as undertaking site inspections and assessments on more complex claims to assess causes and identify remedial works.
Experience / Skills
- Qualified Engineer (CEng. MIStructE, or similar).
- Post qualification experience is essential.
- In depth technical knowledge of Structural Engineering principles applicable to Building Regulations and other relevant construction standards.
- Experience across a broad range of building structures, previous experience with high rise structural frames would be a distinct advantage.
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
Private Medical Insurance
Annual Salary Reviews
Group Personal Pension Plan
Referral Scheme (Recruitment)
Ten Year Service Award Scheme
- In-House Training
- Bonus Scheme
- Mobile Phone
- Fuel Allowance
- Progression Opportunities
Life at MDIS
"Throughout my time here, I have been supported to develop my knowledge and gain my professional qualification with the Chartered Association of Building Engineers. I have found the company has a friendly supportive atmosphere with a training program, which can adapt to fit an individual’s needs."
Why the MDIS Group is a great place to work
Working for the MDIS Group does not just offer a rewarding career, there are some excellent benefits both on the job and extending to outside of your working life…