As a Risk Surveyor / Building Inspector you will be required to work closely with builders and developers, providing site inspections and technical building and construction expertise in accordance with our technical standards and Building Regulations.
Building Inspectors are responsible for providing excellent customer service and building an immediate good working relationship with developers from the beginning of the build process, providing continuous support through to completion stage.
The ideal candidate will be able to identify technical risks on site and make commercial decision as to whether this could later result in claims. Any risks and remedial actions identified must be raised constructively to the relevant site contact, recorded appropriately and monitored throughout the build process. Therefore experience in completion of full inspections is required for this role.
This role is home based and requires travel, so an attractive car allowance is provided. For roles located within London regions, candidates must be within 40 minutes commutable distance.
- Effectively self manage and forward planning of own workload
- Provide a responsive, helpful and professional service whilst maximising time spent on site
- Recording inspection details and communicating to customers
- Carry out Developer assessments at the completion of projects
- Ongoing liaison with Surveyors and Management on technical matters to ensure that standards are being maintained
Experience / Skills
- Part / Full member of professional: TechRICS /ACIOB / CABE / LICWCI or similar
- Relevant Building Control, plan check, site inspection and / or Warranty experience
- In depth technical knowledge of Building Regulations and other relevant construction standards
- Basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause / effect of building defects
Private Medical Insurance
Annual Salary Reviews
Group Personal Pension Plan
Referral Scheme (Recruitment)
Ten Year Service Award Scheme
- In-House Training
- Bonus Scheme
- Mobile Phone
- Fuel Allowance
- Progression Opportunities
Life at MDIS
"Throughout my time here, I have been supported to develop my knowledge and gain my professional qualification with the Chartered Association of Building Engineers. I have found the company has a friendly supportive atmosphere with a training program, which can adapt to fit an individual’s needs."
Why the MDIS Group is a great place to work
Working for the MDIS Group does not just offer a rewarding career, there are some excellent benefits both on the job and extending to outside of your working life…