As a Mobile Building Inspector you will be providing site inspection and technical building and construction expertise relating to risk management of construction sites.
This vacancy will sit within the inspection support team and will be ‘on call’ to provide short term support to the regional teams , therefore the location could vary on a weekly basis.
- Inspecting homes being constructed and / or converted, working closely with Developers and Builder to ensure as far as is reasonably possible the works are in accordance with the Technical Manual and Building Regulations.
- Effectively self manage, by forward planning own workload, to provide a responsive, helpful and professional service whilst maximizing time spent on site.
- Recording inspection details and communication to customers.
- Carrying out Developer assessments during the life of the project.
Experience / Skills
- Part / Full member of professional organisations (MRICS, MBEng, MIStructE, CIOB, CABE or similar).
- Post qualification experience is essential.
- Good technical knowledge of Building Regulations and other relevant construction standards.
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects.
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
Private Medical Insurance
Annual Salary Reviews
Group Personal Pension Plan
Referral Scheme (Recruitment)
Ten Year Service Award Scheme
- In-House Training
- Bonus Scheme
- Mobile Phone
- Fuel Allowance
- Progression Opportunities
Life at MDIS
"Throughout my time here, I have been supported to develop my knowledge and gain my professional qualification with the Chartered Association of Building Engineers. I have found the company has a friendly supportive atmosphere with a training program, which can adapt to fit an individual’s needs."
Why the MDIS Group is a great place to work
Working for the MDIS Group does not just offer a rewarding career, there are some excellent benefits both on the job and extending to outside of your working life…