As a Major Projects Surveyor you will be required to provide site inspection and technical building and construction expertise relating to the risk management of large and higher risk construction sites
Surveyors are responsible for providing excellent customer service and building an immediate good working relationship with developers from the beginning of the build process, providing continuous support through to completion stage.
The ideal candidate will be able to identify technical risks on site and make commercial decision as to whether this could later result in claims. Any risks and remedial actions identified must be raised constructively to the relevant site contact, recorded appropriately and monitored throughout the build process. Therefore experience in completion of full inspections is required for this role.
This role is home based and requires travel, so an attractive car allowance is provided. For roles located within London regions, candidates must be within 40 minutes commutable distance.
- Primarily inspecting high value, Special Acceptance and 7+ storey projects. Risk managing the full range of projects being constructed and/or converted, working closely with builders to ensure as far as is reasonably possible the works are in accordance with the Technical Manual and Building Regulations.
- Reviewing 7+ storey projects in conjunction with the Project Management team as well as larger high rise and/or complex category, to assist the decisions to utilise specialist contractors for particular areas of risk. Undertaking the referral to specialist contractors when agreed necessary and managing the flow of information for 7+ storey developments between parties.
- Carry out Initial Site Risk Assessments for high rise and/or complex projects in conjunction, providing appropriate communication both internal and external to ensure appropriate levels of information and risk management are achieved.
- Ongoing liaison with developers/clients – offer technical advice and guidance.
Experience / Skills
- Full member of professional organisations with minimum grades accepted: MRICS / MCIOB / MCABE / MICWCI or similar.
- Relevant BC experience, plan check and site inspection and relevant warranty, quality or defect resolution experience. Extensive experience of differing construction methods, as well as experience of defect resolution issues. The candidate must have experience and understanding of high risk areas of construction, such as flat roofs, basements, cladding systems, etc.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the Building Regulations, associated legislation and construction standards.
- Basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology
- A demonstrable understanding of latent defect risk management and the methods for mitigating claims.
Private Medical Insurance
Annual Salary Reviews
Group Personal Pension Plan
Referral Scheme (Recruitment)
Ten Year Service Award Scheme
- In-House Training
- Bonus Scheme
- Mobile Phone
- Fuel Allowance
- Progression Opportunities
Life at MDIS
"Throughout my time here, I have been supported to develop my knowledge and gain my professional qualification with the Chartered Association of Building Engineers. I have found the company has a friendly supportive atmosphere with a training program, which can adapt to fit an individual’s needs."
Why the MDIS Group is a great place to work
Working for the MDIS Group does not just offer a rewarding career, there are some excellent benefits both on the job and extending to outside of your working life…