Who we are
MD Insurance Services (MDIS) Group is made up of the following registered companies:
- MD Insurance Services Limited Registered in England No: 3642459. MD Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our permitted business is arranging, dealing as agent and assisting in the administration and performance of general insurance contracts. You may check this on the FCA’s register by visiting the FCA website, www.fca.org.uk/register or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768.
- MD Warranty Support Services Limited Registered in England No: 4759193. MD Warranty Support Services Limited is approved by CICAIR as an Approved Inspector for the purposes of Part II of the Building Act 1984.
- MD Warranty Inspection Services Limited Registered in England No: 5288783.
- MD Remedial Contractors Limited Registered in England No: 10338695.
- MDIS (International) Limited Registered in England No. 8225130 operating from the United Kingdom via its Overseas Branches in accordance with all applicable data protection regulation in the UK and branch locations.
- MD Affinity Schemes Limited registered in England No. 8214231.
The registered office for each company is:
2 Shore Lines Building
Wirral CH41 1AU
Telephone: 0151 650 4300
The companies within the MDIS Group have been established to provide and administer latent defects insurance. MD Insurance Services Limited is a managing general agent acting as an underwriting agency on behalf of a panel of insurers.
We do not offer advice and will not in any circumstances guarantee or warrant the solvency of any underwriter.
All data from this website is held by MD Insurance Services Limited.
What information we collect and how
The information that we collect via this website may include:
- Any personal details that you type in and submit such as your name, job title, address, e-mail address, your CV and other information such as preferences and other information about yourself or your business. Personal Information can also include information about any transactions and information about you that is available on the internet, such as from Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google.
- Your IP address (this is your computer’s individual identification number for internet connection) that is automatically logged by our web server. This is used to note your interest in our website.
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer’s hard disk, so that the website can remember who you are. Cookies are used to make websites work and improve the efficiency of a website.
When you visit this website, we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out information such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information also allows us to ensure future developments of our website are designed in line with our users needs. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone, nor do we make any attempt to find out the identity of individuals visiting this website. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source.
What we do with your information
The MDIS Group is committed to respecting your privacy and any personal information that we obtain from this website will be collected and used in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) and other applicable UK legislation. The information we collect may be used:
- For the purposes of insurance administration by us, by other companies within MD Insurance Services Group of companies or our agents, by our insurers and your intermediary (if you have one) and may be disclosed to regulatory bodies for the purposes of monitoring and/or enforcing our compliance with any regulatory requirements.
- For research and statistical purposes.
- For the investigation of or prevention of crime.
- For credit checking purposes.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
For details of our Data Retention Policy, click here.
In assessing any claims you make against a policy (if applicable), we or our agents may undertake checks against publicly available information about you such as electoral roll, county court judgements, bankruptcy orders or repossessions. Your information may also be shared with other insurers either directly or via those acting for us for example, loss adjusters and investigators.
It may be necessary to transfer your information to other companies within the MD Insurance Services Group or service providers located within the European Economic Area for any of the above purposes and for system administration. Any transfers made will be in full compliance with all aspects of the data protection act.
Any data submitted will not be used for marketing purposes. If you have expressed an interest in a job role and contacted the MDIS Group then we will respond to you accordingly. This may be by telephone, email or written correspondence.
You can ask us to update or remove or express any concerns about your personal information by submitting your request through the Contact Us page of this website or call 0151 650 4300.
You also have the right to request a copy of all the personal information we hold about you under GDPR 2018. To do this, simply write to us at the following address:
The Data Protection Team
MD Insurance Services Limited
2 Shore Lines Building
We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing you with details of any personal information. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us at the above address or email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Other websites and information security
You should carefully read the privacy policies of these websites before submitting any personal information.
You should also be aware that communications over the internet, such as e-mails, are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered – this is the nature of the internet. The MDIS Group cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
Please note that all telephone calls are recorded for quality monitoring, training, compliance and security purposes only.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and offline.
From time-to-time our site requests information via surveys. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and address), and demographic information (such as address, age level). Contact information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.