Since 2007 LABC Warranty has worked in partnership with Local Authority Building Control (LABC) to provide structural warranties. Our unique partnership with LABC means that together we can provide building control and warranties throughout England and Wales. Customer growth and retention is extremely important to us and as such we are now seeking a Business Development Manager to join our sales team and support the delivery of an excellent service to our customers.
This role will report to the UK Sales Director who you will support in maintaining clients needs and work closely with to obtain new business and support from quote to completion stage. The ideal candidate will be based in London, but work primarily from home when not attending client meetings.
Building internal relationships will be a key part of this role. Once you have brought new customers on board, our in house surveyors and technical teams will be assigned to provide the warranty services, meaning you will work closely with them to ensure excellent customer service is provided.
- To achieve agreed sales and business objectives relating to targeted growth.
- To assist in the development and implementation of the Sales and Marketing Plan for the LABC products.
- To regularly liaise with the LABC Sales Director, providing regular updates on progress and development, at the same time as highlighting any potential issues.
- To develop key contacts at senior levels of major target organisations.
- To make sales presentations to clients and work colleagues, as required.
- To produce sales statistics and information on a weekly and ad hoc basis.
- To attend regular internal and external Sales Team meetings.
- To pro-actively manage existing, and develop new, customer relationships.
- To attend Trade Exhibitions and Industry events as required.
- To develop and maintain competitor and market knowledge.
Experience & Qualifications
- In depth knowledge of FCA Regulations, gained in a similar sales environment.
- A highly successful track record of setting and achieving Sales targets
- An in depth understanding of the insurance market and related products
- Excellent Customer Relationship Management skills with ability to identify and match our products with new and existing customers
- The ability to identify market opportunities
- Proven ability to persuade and influence
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Ability to motivate self and influence others.
- Strong commercial and market awareness.
- Full UK driving licence
Private Medical Insurance
Annual Salary Reviews
Group Personal Pension Plan
Referral Scheme (Recruitment)
Ten Year Service Award Scheme
- In-House Training
- Bonus Scheme
- Mobile Phone
- Fuel Allowance
- Progression Opportunities
Why the MDIS Group is a great place to work
Working for the MDIS Group does not just offer a rewarding career, there are some excellent benefits both on the job and extending to outside of your working life…