We are currently seeking a Major Projects Manager to work closely with developers to oversee large high rise and/or complex projects. The primary aim of this role is to work collaboratively with our customers to provide a structural warranty once developments are complete.
The role will require you to develop excellent customer relationships to manage risk on site from planning to completion stage. Site visits will be routinely scheduled and documented, so planning and organisation skills are essential to this role.
The Major Projects Manager will have in-depth technical knowledge that they will share with customers in order to educate, assist in the build of quality developments and to resolve defects.
This is a home based role but the Major Projects will spend the vast majority of their time completing site visits. The majority of our Major Projects are located in London, but travel will be required to other large cities within the UK, therefore you must be willing to travel and have a Full UK Driving licence.
- To manage the overall technical risk management for Major Projects developments and those that fall into the appropriate category requiring the enhanced audit process from initial enquiry to completion.
- Interact with internal resource and external consultants to ensure appropriate level of competence is applied to the audit.
- Support and develop a designated team of Major Projects Surveyors, including mentoring and arranging training with management as required to achieve core competencies and, ensuring they work to agreed risk management standards.
- Undertake site inspections to support Major Projects Surveyors to ensure agreed risk management is being applied during construction.
- Monitor service levels to ensure they are maintained to all relevant sites, with appropriate priority given to high risk projects.
- Monitor site specific KPI’s, relating to service delivery and appropriate risk management with a target of continuous improvement.
- Contribute to Knowledge Management Articles, newsletters & technical articles and other internal reviews of the business.
Page 2 of 3
- Attendance at technical meetings, sales and management meetings.
- Ongoing liaison with Surveyors on technical matters – must ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to.
- Ongoing liaison with developers/clients – offer technical advice and guidance.
- Provide advice to the Marketing and Underwriting Departments on technical areas so that team members are fully informed when dealing with potential clients.
Experience & Qualifications
- Qualified Surveyor / Engineer (MRICS, MBEng, MIStructE, or similar) and relevant post qualification experience.
- In depth technical knowledge of Building Regulations (including guidance in the Approved Documents), MDIS Technical Standards and other relevant construction standards including British Standards/Codes of Practise and relevant European Technical Standards.
- Technical and / or warranty experience in high rise construction techniques.
- Requires basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable.
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects.
- Management skills in coordinating internal and external resource in apply our risk management process.
- Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to create not only good working relationships with other construction professionals.
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
- In depth working knowledge of MS Outlook (email), MS Word, MS Excel and ability to use company intranet system (including all bespoke packages).
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to motivate self and influence others.
- Experience of Relationship Management.
- Excellent Communications skills.
- flexible in personal approach.
Private Medical Insurance
Annual Salary Reviews
Group Personal Pension Plan
Referral Scheme (Recruitment)
Ten Year Service Award Scheme
- In-House Training
- Bonus Scheme
- Mobile Phone
- Fuel Allowance
- Progression Opportunities
Why the MDIS Group is a great place to work
Working for the MDIS Group does not just offer a rewarding career, there are some excellent benefits both on the job and extending to outside of your working life…