We are currently seeking a Risk Surveyor to carry out site inspections on residential developments for our Key National clients. The primary aim of this role is to work collaboratively with our customers to provide a structural warranty once developments are complete.
The role will require you to develop excellent customer relationships to manage risk on site from planning to completion stage. Site visits will be routinely scheduled and documented on internal systems, so planning and organisation skills are essential to this role.
The Risk Surveyor will have an understanding of our technical manual and current building regulations and will share this knowledge with customers in order to educate, assist in the build of quality developments and to resolve defects.
This is a home based role but the Risk Surveyor will spend the vast majority of their time completing site visits. Sites will be allocated on a regional basis therefore you must be willing to travel and have a Full UK Driving licence.
- Inspecting homes being constructed and / or converted, working closely with Developers and Builders to ensure as far as is reasonably possible the works are in accordance with the Technical Manual and Building Regulations.
- Effectively self manage, by forward planning own workload, to provide a responsive, helpful and professional service whilst maximising time spent on site.
- Recording inspection details on the data base and communicating comments to customers and colleagues.
- Ongoing liaison with Surveyors and Management on technical matters – to ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to.
- Ongoing liaison with Developers / Clients / Builders, offering technical advice and guidance.
- Provide advice to Line Manager on technical areas so that team members are fully informed when dealing with potential clients.
- Ensure inspections target a zero claims ratio.
Experience & Qualifications
- Proficient in English communications (written and oral).
- Part / Full member of professional body. RICS, CIOB or CABE preferred but not essential
- Minimum Grades accepted: HNC/HND or (S)NVQ Level 4 in a construction related discipline
- Relevant experience within building construction.
- An understanding of regulatory controls.
- Requires basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable.
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects.
- Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to create not only good working relationships with other construction professionals but to be able to deal effectively with members of the public.
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook (email), MS Word, MS Excel and proven ability to use of hand held data logging hardware / software. (Not essential but preferable)
- Demonstrable ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to motivate self and influence others.
- Excellent Customer Services skills and experience of Relationship Management.
- Flexible in personal approach.
- Full Driving Licence for use in the UK and own vehicle
Private Medical Insurance
Annual Salary Reviews
Group Personal Pension Plan
Referral Scheme (Recruitment)
Ten Year Service Award Scheme
- In-House Training
- Bonus Scheme
- Mobile Phone
- Fuel Allowance
- Progression Opportunities
Why the MDIS Group is a great place to work
Working for the MDIS Group does not just offer a rewarding career, there are some excellent benefits both on the job and extending to outside of your working life…