We are currently seeking a Senior Innovation Surveyor who will be responsible for supporting the Head of Innovations in creating, developing and maintaining an assessment process for modular and offsite construction, to ensure that Surveyors have appropriate guidance and support to complete assessments.
The role will also involve developing risk management strategies in the UK, to research and develop new business opportunities balancing commercial opportunity against risk.
- Assisting in the Delivery and maintaining of a modular/offsite risk management strategy that is both commercial viable and risk managed.
- Assessing products and systems for potential warranty approval
- Following up building system and component manufacturers and suppliers that have been recorded on the Product Acceptability Register to contribute to the Technical Manual, liaising with the technical standards Surveyors so drawings and specifications can be obtained from such suppliers that can be used for a bespoke Technical Manual.
- Researching other warranty/business opportunities in the UK and overseas and developing risk management strategies that are compatible to a particular policy or environment.
- Maintaining and development of the Product Acceptability Register, reviewing content and identifying training needs and business opportunities.
- Completing factory inspections to ensure compliance with warranty standards and agreed construction
- Creating and developing knowledge management articles to support the functional requirements of the technical manual.
Experience & Qualifications
- Qualified Surveyor / Engineer (MRICS, MCABE, MCIOB, MBEng, MIStructE, or similar).
- Relevant post qualification experience in MMC.
- Technical knowledge of Building Regulations (especially Part B) and other relevant construction standards.
- Requires an understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable.
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects.
- Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to create not only good working relationships with other construction professionals but to be able to deal effectively with members of the public.
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook (email), MS Word, MS Excel.
- Demonstrable ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to motivate self and influence others.
- Experience of Relationship Management.
- Excellent Communications skills.
- Flexible in personal approach.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
Private Medical Insurance
Annual Salary Reviews
Group Personal Pension Plan
Referral Scheme (Recruitment)
Ten Year Service Award Scheme
- In-House Training
- Bonus Scheme
- Mobile Phone
- Fuel Allowance
- Progression Opportunities
Why the MDIS Group is a great place to work
Working for the MDIS Group does not just offer a rewarding career, there are some excellent benefits both on the job and extending to outside of your working life…