We are currently seeking a Structural Engineer to undertake assessments of structural designs within our Major Projects Department. The primary aim of this role is to work collaboratively with internal departments and customers to provide a technical advice and guidance to ensure compliance with our standards and Building Regulations.
This is a home based role but you may on occasions be required to meetings or occasional site visits.
- To undertake assessments of Structural designs for a wide range of building types, including high rise. This will include reviews from philosophy to detailed calculations.
- Initial and ongoing liaison with developers/clients – offer technical advice and guidance.
- Ongoing liaison with Project Managers/Co-ordinators and surveyors on technical matters – must ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to.
- To complete site inspections on complex schemes to determine compliance with the agreed design, particularly high rise frames.
- To provide technical advice on claims as well as undertaking site inspections and assessments on more complex claims to assess causes and identify remedial works.
- To provide advice to the Marketing and Underwriting Departments on technical areas so that team members are fully informed when dealing with potential clients.
Experience & Qualifications
- Qualified Engineer (CEng. MIStructE, or similar).
- Post qualification experience is essential.
- In depth technical knowledge of Structural Engineering principles applicable to Building Regulations and other relevant construction standards.
- Experience across a broad range of building structures, previous experience with high rise structural frames would be a distinct advantage.
- Requires basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable.
- Understanding of Building Regulations and associated legislation.
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess compliance with the approved design, Technical Manual, and Codes of Practice;
- Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to create not only good working relationships with other construction professionals but to be able to deal effectively with members of the public.
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook (email), MS Word, MS Excel.
- Demonstrable ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to motivate self and influence others.
- Experience of Relationship Management.
- Excellent Communications skills.
- Flexible in personal approach
- Full UK driving licence and access to a car for business use
Private Medical Insurance
Annual Salary Reviews
Group Personal Pension Plan
Referral Scheme (Recruitment)
Ten Year Service Award Scheme
- In-House Training
- Bonus Scheme
- Mobile Phone
- Fuel Allowance
- Progression Opportunities
Why the MDIS Group is a great place to work
Working for the MDIS Group does not just offer a rewarding career, there are some excellent benefits both on the job and extending to outside of your working life…